Ensure the Safety of Your Team and Mining Equipment
Take the first step towards powering up your operations, call us at 276-285-3841
Standard underground electrical equipment is designed to withstand the mechanical forces generated by bolted faults on the load terminals until a power circuit breaker or other protective device can interrupt the flow of fault current. This capability is verified by short-circuit and short time withstand tests on the equipment and interruption tests on the power circuit breakers. During a bolted fault, the voltage at the fault location is essentially zero and the fault energy is dissipated throughout the power system. The arc generated within the power circuit breaker during interruption is cooled and extinguished by the breaker. The minimal out-gassing of arc byproducts is contained in the electrical equipment as verified by interruption tests.
- Arc Resistant to protect miners at the front, back and sides of the equipment
- Performance tested and classified as arc resistant in accordance with ANSI/IEEE C37.20.7-2007
- Reinforced enclosure to withstand pressure from internal arcing faults
- Internal venting system with pressure dams and pressure vents to channel the flow of arc fault gases and vent these gases out the top of the gear and away from personnel
- Reinforced and sealed top covers and panels
- Reinforced bolted covers
- Ventilation inlet/outlet shroud
Learn more about our products with our experts
Benefits of Using and Industrial Arc Guard
Arc guards are an essential safety feature for any industrial environment. They are designed to protect workers from the high voltage and arc flashes of electrical equipment and reduce the risk of severe injury or death. Here are some of the top benefits of using arc guards:
- Improved safety: Arc guards provide an extra layer of protection for workers against the hazardous voltage and arc flashes of electrical equipment. By reducing the risk of electrical shock and arc flashes, arc guards help to keep workers safe.
- Increased efficiency: Arc guards reduce the amount of time and effort required to maintain a safe working environment. By preventing access to dangerous electrical equipment and preventing arc flashes, arc guards reduce the amount of time needed to troubleshoot and repair any damage that may have occurred.
- Reduced liability: Arc guards help to limit a company’s liability in case of an accident. If an employee is injured due to inadequate safety measures, the company may be held liable for negligence. Arc guards help to reduce the risk of such an incident by providing extra safety measures.
- Cost savings: Arc guards are a cost-effective way to keep workers safe. By preventing injuries and damage due to electrical equipment, arc guards save companies money on medical costs and potential lawsuits.
Take the first step towards safe mining operations! call us at 276-285-3841
Becker Mining Arc Flash Study (Adobe PDF)
Arc Resistant Electrical Equipment in the Mining Industry (Adobe PDF)