The 5221 series vacuum breaker is designed to protectively disrupt an electrical circuit upon a trip signal. The SMC breaker may be closed by operating the closing crank manually or with an appropriate signal if the unit posses remote closing capability. It may then be opened manually or electrically by under voltage release or shunt trip signal options.
- Continuous current: 600 Amps
- Interrupting current: 12,500 Amps
- Peak Momentary current: 33,000 Amps
- Short time: 12,500 Amps
- Maximum voltage: 27,000 Volts
- Basic Impulse Level: 125,000 Volts