- High-voltage, impedance-type monitor
- Trips breaker when the pilot-ground circuit resistance loop increases four ohms from the calibration setting
- Easily installed, front panel mounting
- Easy access from front cover
- Constant voltage transformer
- Polarity reverse switch
- Indicating light
- Test and reset button
- Relay lockout until reset
- System voltage: 120 VAC, 60 Hz., 50 VA
- Available in several models (consult factory for other than below)
This impedance type monitor used on high voltage systems detects changes in ground resistance, tripping the circuit breaker at unacceptable level. Provides assurance of safety grounded electrical equipment and protects personnel. This compact front panel mounting unit is easy to install and maintain. The constant voltage transformer stabilizes operation through voltage dips of 35 percent. The polarity reversal switch enables the user to keep the source current and induced current in-phase thus reducing nuisance tripping. The trip indicator serves two functions: shows monitor has tripped breaker and has optional lock-out function which prevents operation until "Reset". (If desired).
GCS NO. 6314-028
Good for ground loop resistance of 15 ohms, functions as undervoltage.
GCS NO. 6314-029
Same as 6314-028 with added feature of 0.25 second time delay to prevent tripping when energized after loss of power. Should be employed with shunt trip.
GCS NO. D-4000-1
Good for ground loop resistance of 8 ohms, can function for use as undervoltage or employed with shunt trip.
GCS NO. D-4000-5
Same as D-4000-1 except good for ground loop resistance of 25 ohms.